These are the features of the GypPlay video player:
- Will play multiple movies from one disc. It walks through the entire disc searching for anything ending in .mpg, .mpeg, or .avi and plays them.
- Has common controls: Pause/Rewind/Fast-Forward
- Has nifty control: Variable-speed REW/FF based on analog stick!
- Time display (time elapsed, time remaining for current movie)
- Skip movie (move on to the next on the disc, if any)
- Allows swapping of real GDs only... wince provides routines for swapping gds but these do not work with cds... if anyone has been able to swap cds in wince please email me.
1. Get the GypPlay zip containing the full set.
2. Using your CDR software (I use Nero), create a new ISO9660 compilation.
3. Include everything from the zip, including the WinCE directory.
4. Put your movies anywhere on the CD. They can be in the root or in any subdirectory that you like. The can be named anything you like as long as the end in the proper extension (.mpg, .mpeg, .dat, .avi).
5. Set the software for ISO Level 2, Mode 1 (CDROM, not XA), and support for the Joliet filesystem (optional).
6. Burn it.
7. Boot the Utopia Boot Disc.
8. Swap in your GypPlay/movie(s) disc.
9. When the GypPlay screen appears, press button A to start playing.